I was actually looking for a verse somewhere in Isaiah which roughly speaks about "those who wait in the Lord shall renew their strength." However, the Lord led me to other verses in Isaiah instead. Verses that declare the greatness of the God that we serve, and the enormous magnitude of our calling as Levites and His people. Though it is common knowledge that the God we serve is big, huge, infinite etc..these verses opened my eyes to the wonders of God all over again.
"To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. - Isaiah 40:25-26
"Who is my equal?" - Words that smacked me so hard at the greatness and glory of our God.
Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf. - Isaiah 43:8
The giant calling that we have, and the authority that is given unto us by Christ.
And for the clincher:
"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. "You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. - Isaiah 43:10 and 12(part)
Utterly amazed and speechless. That is how I felt when I left the band studio today.
Soli Deo Gloria,
darrenshakers
No comments:
Post a Comment