Sunday, January 31, 2010

Identity: Found

I was worshipping God with the song "Complete" by Parachute, laying down every mountain in my life at His altar. God's Spirit came and touched me and the tears flowed effortlessly. It was indeed a humbling and powerful reminder of having faith in God and what this faith can achieve. At the end of the song, I told God that I wanted Him to speak a personal message to me with the next song. The only problem with that was that I had about 5000+ songs, all in random order, and it contained secular and instrumental songs apart from songs of worship. Nevertheless, I trusted God for His divine hand.

When the next song was played, an awesome outpouring of gratitude and joy abounded which was displayed by weeping and thanking God at His altar. Out of all the songs from various artists that could have been played, such as Casiopea (secular jazz fusion), Straight No Chaser (secular acapella), Thelonius Monk (secular jazz, bebop) or The Fray/Kris Allen (secular rock), the next song that played was "I was made to praise You". God indeed worked just with that few seconds in-between when I uttered for God to speak to me through the next song, and the actual playing of that song! Amazing!

Every line of that song held so much meaning and it was a good reminder of what our ultimate call in life is. It may get lost or clouded as we live life day by day, but I hope the lyrics of this song will always be a reminder of what we are created to do.

I Was Made To Praise You

I was made to praise You
I was made to glorify Your name
In every circumstance
To find a chance to thank You
I was made to love You
I was made to worship at Your feet
And to obey You, Lord
I was made for You

I will always praise You
I will always glorify Your name
In every circumstance
I'll find a chance to thank You
I will always love You
I will always worship at Your feet
And I'll obey You, Lord
I was made for You


Soli Deo Gloria,
darrenshakers

No comments: